Sunday, May 16, 2010


950 miles from home in CO to Alton Marina past two days. Beginning in snow, ending the last 300 miles in rain and traffic. Passed through Goodland, KS, my boyhood home, and where my parents operated their ranch for 60 years. Now you know the origin of Ranch House!

I'll wait at Alton until I know how much more rain Nashville got today as it affects my travel up the Ohio to Kentucky Lake. No point in going to Hoppie's Marina in Kimswick when I have a covered slip here. The Mississippi is at low flood, and crests in two days, but not a problem for travel - the drift (stuff in the water) is not too bad. Saw small boats going out today. Folks here at Alton Marina are very accommodating and I have a few days to re-organize after the travel and gain local knowledge. My sister and brother-in-law will arrive tomorrow for several days. We'll visit the Corps of Engineers Great River Museum.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you arrived! Image looks good! You have a great start so far. Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyn,

    Joanne just sent me a link. Sorry we didn't get together before you left but have a wonderful trip. Sounds like a great adventure!!!!

    ReplyDelete